Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Registering

So, I'm not gonna lie. This whole wedding registry stuff makes me feel really uncomfortable. There's just something about walking through a store and scanning however many items you can find that you might want that makes me feel greedy! Marty and I didn't really know what we were doing, but we went to Target to give the whole thing a try. We actually thought we did pretty good. We scanned about 30 things, nothing really over $30 because to ask for something more than that made my skin crawl. After we came back and told people about our experience, we quickly learned that we pretty much failed at the task.


My good friend, Lynzie, went back with us a few days later to show us how it's done. She was ruthless! She had us scanning everything! I think now we have a little over 200 items on the list. Although it still makes me feel uncomfortable, everyone says that's just how it's supposed to be. So, for what it's worth, that's how it is.


We are registered at Target and by the end of this week will be registered at The Kitchen Store and Wal-Mart as well. Wal-Mart is kind of poopy and only does online registry now, so that's a little complicated, but if you go to to this website: http://www.walmart.com/giftregistry/gr_detail.do?registryId=80540990127 you should be able to go from there. 




Overall, it's been a pretty fun experience going through and finding lots of cool stuff we'd like to have in our new home!


He loved using the little scanner gun thing at Target. :)

1 comment:

Rachel Cox said...

Derek LOVED the scanner! ha! It is the only way I got him to actually go with me. =)

And yes, that is exactly what you are supposed to do friend! People want to shower you with gifts, and even though it seems weird, just know that it is a way for people to express to you guys how much they love you and want to celebrate this moment in your lives!

Just wait til your showers. Now that is where the awkward REALLY is. haha!!