Thursday, October 7, 2010

Punkin Patch!

So, I'm a little kid when it comes to this time of year. Okay, maybe a little kid year long--but this time of year REALLY magnifies it! The first even HINT of fall... I'm talking one brown leaf in a tree, one gust of a breeze, one smell of spice, one morning of not sweating... and I'm ready to just hit the ground running with holiday celebration. I try not to be TOO annoying with it for the sake of those around me (okay, so I could try  harder).

However, this first weekend in October just seemed like the PERFECT weekend for a trip to the Pumpkin Patch! I wanted to go all week, but there never was a convenient time so Marty and I decided to go Sunday after church. Sunday morning I woke up SO EXCITED! The only thing that could make a pumpkin patch more fun would be a couple of kids. So I texted Kristi and asked if we could take our little cousins (Tinleigh and Eleighana) with us. She said sure! (This is kind of a big deal if you know them... not many people are trusted with those precious girls... so I felt pretty special).

After church we ran home and ate a sandwich, picked up Jonathan, then went and got the girls. Jonathan had never been and Marty hadn't been since Elementary school. Needless to say, it made for a FUN day! I was so happy and thankful that my guys had great attitudes and participated in the fun. I love them. :)

Here are some pics of the day:

As soon as we got there, there was a big  wooden picture of what Jonathan called a "ghetto pumpkin". The girls thought that was too funny and had to get a picture with it.


Time to start picking out the pumpkins! Tinleigh was an expert!


Eleighana's favorite thing to do was pick up a pumpkin and walk it over to the next row and put it with those. She'd set it down right where she wanted it then go get another one. She didn't care about keeping any of them-- just wanted to move them! She was pretty stinkin strong, too! Moved some that were half her size! 


We finally settled on a few good ones to keep! I'm glad they let me participate. 


Jonathan found quite a few he liked too. We let him carry the big heavy ones!


Then we headed over to the petting zoo! The girls absolutely loved this part! Tin was THRILLED when they let her hold a baby chick all by herself! She went back to the chicks about 4 times before we left. I'm thinking she needs one for Christmas...





Wouldn't be right if we didn't take a snack break! We stopped here to eat some goldfish and cookies. It was actually REALLY COLD in the shade, which was so fun! We loved it!



The whole day was fun but I think my favorite part was seeing my husband interact with these girls. It was so cool to see him just love on them. He's great with them! I can't wait to see him as a dad. He'll be the best ever.



That's about it for our day at the Pumpkin Patch! It was so great to spend some quality time with Tin and Ele. I kinda can't wait to go back again! Maybe soon I'll be taking my own kids....??? Okay, not soon. But soon enough! 

Happy Harvest! Go enjoy the season!


Photobucket

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

this looks like FUN! :)

p.s. i'm LOVING the new blog design!! so cute!

bekahm said...

ahoLove it!! :)
I'm thinking it would be pretty funny if you got a clutzy unathletic kid like me. Just sayin.