Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Jonathan graduated!

Last Wednesday marked a big milestone for us! Jonathan officially graduated from the school he had been attending. It's a career services school that helps people get better prepared for different jobs after high school. We just call it his college. :) He officially finished in May, but they only have graduation ceremonies in April and December, so he had to wait. The graduation was at the Hot Springs convention center and sweet Courtney Luck went to keep me company!

Here's some of his graduating class getting ready to go in!




I have driven to this school about 200 times in the last year taking J back and forth and I just fell in love with some of the students I would see. The students live on campus while attending so it really is a college-like setting. Some of these students are severely handicapped, while others just need a little help getting started. Some are fresh out of high school and some were old enough to be my grandparents! It was so cool to watch them all at the graduation. They were such a family and SO stinkin supportive of each other. EVERYONE got a roaring applause as they went across the stage.

I swam through the sea of people and finally found him! Of course, had to take a quick before picture.


And Courtney, too!

We got into the ceremony and they played a few slideshows then the graduates all marched in! It was so sweet to watch because they were SO proud! I couldn't get a good picture from where we were sitting, but I will never forget seeing that look on his face as he walked in. I told Courtney I have never felt like a mom, sister, and friend all in one setting. I almost cried. It was so great!

When they announced the graduates they asked the family members to stand. I stood tall and proud (okay, maybe not tall, but definitely proud) representing him  and couldn't have been more honored to do so!

This was him standing in line waiting to walk across. He was only 2 names away!


And now the moment we'd been waiting for... He straight up danced across that stage the entire way! 




After all the names were called, they asked the RA's to stand and be acknowledged. 

To end it, they had all the instructors gather around the students and as soon as the final "Amen" was said in the closing prayer they released all kinds of confetti stuff. It was so much fun!

And here he is... our food services graduate!


If I haven't said it before, I love this guy. I am so blessed by what God has brought into my life by bringing Jonathan in. I've known him since I was 5, but it wasn't until about a year and a half ago that he became family to me. I would do and give anything for him. He's made me so proud over the last year at how much he has grown and matured and just become a man! I pray for him like I would pray for my own family. Heck, he is family. 

Congratulations, Jonathan McKnight!! I love you! 








Photobucket

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

Way to go Jonathan!! I know you're so proud of him and he is lucky to have you in his life :)