Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Best Christmas Present Ever!

Well, Christmas for our family was very exciting this year! Marty and I found out about the baby five days before Christmas, but we wanted to wait until each family Christmas to tell the family. We didn't want to just make phone calls. I had to be something fun and surprising that we'd always remember. And that it was!

We had three different Christmases where we told our parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. I went to Target and got a whole bunch of little baby socks. I put each sock in a card that was written to the new aunt/grandma/etc. from baby Summers. At the end of gift opening, we passed out all the cards and told them to open them at the same time. Each time I felt like I was going to pass out! I wasn't scared... it was just SO exciting! Our families were SO HAPPY. We had lots of screaming, tears, smiles, questions, and, "Wait... is this for real???" Ha!

Unfortunately, we only took pictures and video at one the first one. I guess we were just too focused to remember the cameras! Here's telling the Morgan side of the family plus Marty's parents!

Caitlin was the first to open hers. As soon as she saw the sock she started screaming, jumped up, and hugged me. Shortly after everyone else joined in! Notice Archie in the back!


"I'm gonna be a great aunt!!!!!!!!!"


Mom and Jessie both screaming, "I knew it!!" and Archie just in shock!


Now THIS was funny. My father-in-law was smiling and excited, but didn't know why. He looked over at Angie and said, "Who's pregnant??"


That's when she pointed to me. Look at his face!!! Hahaha it was priceless. He was in SHOCK. Don't worry though, he was excited!




Photobucket

3 comments:

Jessica's Journey said...

Cute! Loved all the reactions!

Katie said...

Congrats, Jordan.! These pictures are priceless. LOVE everyone's faces. ; )

Morgan Paige said...

SO excited for you!!!! love the reactions!