Sunday, January 9, 2011

What. A. Week.

No matter what happens, I don't ever want to forget this experience. I plan to record everything I can about this pregnancy!

This past week (Week 6) was a BIG WEEK for both baby and momma!

What's happening with Baby:

  • Sometime around Thursday the baby's heart beat for the first time.
  • It is now beating regularly at about 150 beats/minute.
  • Facial features are beginning to form. 
  • The brain is forming and developing! Brain waves can even be detected. 
  • The first signs of the lungs, pancreas, and thyroid glad have appeared.
  • Kidneys and Liver are now rapidly growing.
  • Little buds are growing that will become the arms and legs.
  • Baby is supposed to look a lot like the following picture. Although I think my baby looks a little cuter than that. :)



What's happening with Mommy:

  • This week morning sickness hit HARD. Although, I don't know why they call it morning sickness. Because it's more like all day sickness.
  • I am craving chocolate ice cream. All day. Every day.
  • All I want to do is SLEEP. Seriously. For my lunch break I am usually just going home and sleeping for about 40 minutes then taking food back to work. I'm in bed at like 9:00 every night. 
  • The prenatal vitamins are NASTY, but I still take them every night.
  • My smeller is turned up about 10X more than normal people on any given day, so lately it's been INSANE. I feel like I dog. I am smelling EVERY LITTLE THING. And they all make me sick.
  • I'm getting headaches a whole lot. I never get headaches.
  • Although nobody else can tell, I can tell my body is changing just a little bit. My jeans are a little tighter. Just kind of feels like I ate a really big meal.
  • I'm can't stand being hot. No matter how cold it is, my window is cracked in the car. I have the house freezing at night. 
  • I'm watching EVERY little thing I eat and being a very strict rule follower. No lunchmeat, no caffine, lots of fruit, lots of liquids, trying to eat at least SOME kind of vegetable every day, etc.
  • I never know when to brush my teeth. The first thing I do when I wake up is eat, and the last thing I do before falling asleep is eat. Everything I do in between includes eating. I'm wanting to brush my teeth every hour!
  • I'm trying to practice sleeping on my side. 
  • Some nights I just can't sleep! I am so tired, but my mind doesn't turn off. I'm mostly thinking about Baby and all the fun times we'll have!
  • I'm peeing like crazy! Constantly!
  • I'm finding myself slightly more emotional, but nothing bad.
  • I'm supposed to be exercising a little every day, but I'm finding that VERY hard to do when I am sick every 30 minutes. 


Mart is getting so excited! Until now, he has been so sure that we were going to have a boy. That's all he's talked about. But then today on the way home from church he said, "I think I want a girl!" It came out of nowhere! At least now I know that whatever we get, he won't send it back! :)




Photobucket

1 comment:

Jessica's Journey said...

I do chewable prenatals. I found them at Target and they are perfect and easy!