Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I Stinkin Can't Wait!!

Ever since I can remember, I've wanted to be a mom. I never thought I'd be a good one and the idea of me actually becoming a real one freaked me out, but I have always had the longing to have, love, teach, play with, and mother my very own child.

Now I am a mom and I'm so close (yet still SO far away) from having this kid in my arms. I'm so stinkin excited. I can't hardly stand it!!

Before we got married, Marty and I used to have long conversations about what we can't wait for in marriage. We'd say things like, "I can't wait to wake up and eat a bowl of cereal together." (It's the little things... ha) Well, now that this kid is on the way, there have been SO MANY "can't wait for's" in our conversations. Today my heart is longing, even more than normal, to just hold my kid. All day I've been thinking about the future and what I can't wait for.

I can't wait...
  • To smell him after a bath, covered in baby lotion.
  • To sneak pictures of him sleeping on daddy's chest.
  • To watch my Granddaddy's face light up the first time he holds him.
  • To teach Marty how to change a dirty diaper. 
  • To take him to his first Wampus Cat game, decked out in that Conway Blue!
  • To teach him how to say, "I love you."
  • To spend an entire Saturday eating popsicles, building forts, taking naps, and having a picnic outside.
  • To have the first family Christmas pics made!
  • To get to tell him about Jesus and watch him learn to pray and read his bible.
  • To tease him about his first crush and try to hook him up with the cutest 4-year-old in the nursery. 
  • To go to the pumpkin patch and pull him in the wagon.
  • To teach him how to swim and watch his little eyes blink really fast when water gets in there.
  • To catch him at the end of the slide at the park.
  • To dress him in the coolest little kid clothes ever.
  • To help him hunt for Easter Eggs.
  • To teach him that crab legs are NOT scary bugs, then watch him try to figure out how in the world to eat them.
  • To take him to the beach. Every year. 
  • To see how many hats his daddy buys him.
  • To hear him yell, "Mommy" from his room at night.
  • To play hide and seek.
  • To gang up on daddy when he's being grumpy. (Okay, that will probably be the other way around.)
  • To spray him with the water hose when we're outside washing the car.
  • To fix him cinnamon rolls for breakfast just because.
  • To race him in the back yard and let him win.
  • To play catch.
  • To cringe as he plays with the loud toys his aunts buy him.
  • To see him look at my mom like she is Cuh-RAZY. But then laugh and hug her.
  • To hear him sing, "Jesus Loves Me" for the first time.
  • To go out in public and have people look and say, "That's the cutest kid I've ever seen."
  • To watch him try to walk.
  • To go to Toad Suck with him riding on daddy's shoulders, eating some cotton candy.
  • To be Mary, Joseph & Baby Jesus at Bethlehem!
  • To see him be in his first wedding.
  • To pick him up from the nursery at church and have him smile so big and run to my arms when he sees me.
  • To watch him sing in the church programs and wave to him from the audience so he can see where we're sitting.
  • To teach him how to see himself in the mirror and watch him smile and laugh every time he does.
  • To sneak him some extra cookies when he's being really good.
  • To take him outside when it snows and build a big snowman, throw snowballs, then run back inside to get warm and dry and drink some hot chocolate.
  • To take him to the zoo and practice all the animal sounds.
  • To let him sit in my lap and help me drive.
  • To let him stay up until midnight each new year and give him lots of kisses at midnight.
  • To host his first birthday party!
  • To take about 40 pictures of him a day because I don't want to miss anything.
  • To take him on mommy dates.
  • To teach him "Woo Pig Sooie!"
  • To have him wrap his arms around my neck and kiss me on the cheek.

There are so many more things I can't wait for! Oh, and notice I used "him" this time?? Well, every day I go back and forth. One day I think it's a boy, the next I'm sure it's a girl. Today, it's a boy. So that's why he is called him. Come back next week and you'll probably see a bunch of "she" and "her". 

Not too long before we'll know for sure though!



Photobucket

5 comments:

Marissa said...

This is precious. For real. Also made me think, "Man, I can't wait til I can be waiting to hold the kid God gives me." So, stop being precious Jordan ;)

Just kidding, of course! I love hearing how excited you are!!

Morgan Paige said...

SO sweet

megan said...

so I'm a godmother and go to see my cute little god child every tuesday night...I get to see all of this with him and his mommy and daddy. It is so wonderful and beautiful. I'm so happy for you and I can't wait either!!! He or she will be the cutest thing ever! :)

Kati @ "along for the ryde..." said...

YAY!! I can't wait till your blog is a "mommy blog" cause you know it will be! :P We'll all love reading stories a/b him/her just like you love reading stories a/b my lil man...that I just can't understand WHY anyone else would want to hear! :P

HaleeBurch said...

I nominated your blog for an award. You can come check it out on my blog.

The Rules of accepting the awards are:

1.) Thank and Link back to the blogs that gave you your awards

2.) Share seven things about yourself.

3.) Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers.

4.) Contact the bloggers to let them know you've given them an award.