Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Gender Reveal!


Well, yesterday I went back to my friend who did another ultrasound to try to see if we could tell the sex. After looking for almost 30 minutes with NO luck, we almost gave up. She had given me a "pretty good feeling" but nothing certain. Right before we were about to call it quits, the kid FINALLY turned in just the right way and suddenly I hear, "There it is! Those are the lines I was talking about. It's a girl. For sure. I'm calling 98%. I don't say 100% until birth. But THAT is a girl!"

I was like whaaaaaaat! She showed me what she was talking about and sure enough, it was all girl!

I can't even explain the feeling that came over me in that moment. I didn't care either way, I just wanted to know! As soon as she said for sure, I just started picturing her. I started calling her by her NAME instead of "the kid." It all became real and I was so happy I felt like I was floating!

Just for the record, no, Marty was not with me. I know that's supposed to be a special time for the husband and wife, but we both wanted to know so bad and he couldn't take off work every single time I went.  So we agreed that I would just go so we could know early and then we could celebrate together.

So I left and went straight to Wal-Mart and picked up a couple of pink infant hats. (Marty LOVES hats so I thought that would be a fun way to surprise him.) I went home and met my friend, Katie, who helped me plan the surprises and get the hats wrapped. We made one for my mom and one for Marty. I knew I wanted to surprise them in person, but everyone else was in another town or it would be hours before I could tell them and I just couldn't wait! So we went by mom's school first because it's right by house and did a quick surprise for her.


Surprising mom didn't go QUITE according to plan because mom wasn't in her office, so we left the gift on her desk and hid outside her office behind this big desk thing until she got back. When she walked back into her office, we waited about 30 second as she asked her office helpers a million and a half questions about who the gift was from, then heard a big "AWWWWWWWWW!!!! YAAAAAAY!!" Then we popped up and went and talked to her.

I wish I would have gotten a pic of her but we were so excited and hurrying to go tell Marty!

So then we ran over to Marty's work to tell daddy about his new daughter! I walked in with the gift and Katie followed right behind snapping pics with my phone! So much fun!


As soon as he saw us, he knew why we were there. He was so red and awkward. He said, "Did you find out?" And I just smiled and gave him the gift.


He made us go in the back where no one else was because he was embarrassed, and SO NERVOUS. He looked like he did the moment he proposed to me!


As soon as he saw the pink hat he smiled and said, "Are you serious???" 
(EVERYONE asked if I was serious. I'm quite the prankster, so nobody really believed me at first. Ha!)


Yep! We're having a girl!!


He was excited and of course, I couldn't focus on ANYTHING the rest of the day! After work we went to eat and celebrate our new daughter, then, like any good parents, did a little shopping! We're trying to be very wise about what we spend money on right now so we only allowed ourselves to get a few things. But just enough to satisfy our urge! 

The Children's Place was a MUST! The prices here were a little high for what we want to pay, but we did find a pair of PRECIOUS jeans 40% off so we grabbed them. They're 6-9 month so it'll be a while, but I couldn't pass these up!


Then we headed to Target. Doesn't he already look so natural shopping for a little girl?? :)


We bought this dress and a couple more little shirts that were on sale.


Then we went to the necessities. I'm going to start buying one pack of diapers every time I go to the store now to keep from having to buy them all at once! Marty thought I was crazy for wanting to buy diapers right now, but I told him he'll be happy one day!



After we shopped, momma was TIRED! I went to bed and he went to work out. But I sure did fall asleep with a huge smile on my face as I thanked God for our little girl, Morgan Noelle Summers.

This was NOT any of the names we were considering and not the one I talked about in my last post about the baby. It's funny how that works. It was a last-minute choice, but we knew it was perfect. Morgan is my maiden name and my whole life I'm dreamed about having a little girl and naming her Morgan. I knew if I didn't do it, I'd regret it one day. And Noelle means Christmas... and, well, no explanation needed there, right? :) I think it sounds really good together and Marty loves it, so once we put it together we had no question.



Photobucket

4 comments:

Morgan Paige said...

such a sweet surprise!! SO excited for yall!
and i, of course, am a big fan of the name!

Kati @ "along for the ryde..." said...

Okay, so thanks for making me cry MULTIPLE times in one post! AHH!

I loved Marty's reaction face!

Buying clothes on sale is the best way to go! :P When is your due date again?

Now I wanna go out & go shopping for your sweet one...I don't ever get to shop on the girls side!

Buying diapers now is smart! Don't open them though, b/c if she grows out of that size before you have used them all, you can always take them back & exchange for a bigger size!

PS. LOVE the name! Perfect for y'all!

Jordan Morgan Summers said...

Thanks Morgan!! I bet you do like the name! :)

Kati, I'm due Sept. 1st. And that's funny because we're both naturally drawn to the little boys side! The whole time we were shopping we were getting distracted by the cutest boys clothes. This whole girl thing is going to be an adjustment, but I know we are going to love it!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jordan! Tyler and I always picture having boys but what God gives you is such a blessing either way! I absolutely LOVE the name, it's so special & meaningful! I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well. Please let me know when you start having showers! I can't wait to meet precious Morgan!

Lindsey Ludford