Thursday, April 14, 2011

20 weeks, half way there, new belly pics, big baby!


Well, friends and family...

We have finally made it to the half-way mark! This week officially marks 20 solid weeks of pregnancy. On one hand it's so weird to think that it came this fast, but then when I realize I have the exact same amount of time left it feels like forever away! I can't image waiting that long, nor can imagine just how big I'm going to be after 20 more weeks of this!

Today was our big appointment with the "big ultrasound." This one was to measure the kid and make sure everything looked okay. Before we left the house we had to snap a few quick pics of the growth.

Here's the belly at week 20:


Deep breath in and push out and hold:



We got to the doc around 10:00 and got called back just in time for our 10:15 appointment. This time we took our moms with us... that's always fun!


She told me my placenta is on the top, which has prevented me from feeling Morgan kick yet. I was actually starting to get a little concerned because everything I was reading and hearing from people was telling me I should have felt her by now. There have been some tiny feelings that I've thought might could be her, but nothing yet that I could say for sure was her. So it was very comforting to hear that because of the way my placenta is positioned, that's very normal. It acts as a thick membrane between me and Morgan, making it harder to feel. I should start to feel something soon, though!


That's our big girl!! Babies are expected to be about 10-10.5 ounces when they are 20 weeks. Morgan measured at 12 ounces! Who would have thought MY baby would be bigger than normal?? Especially since last appointment she was a day behind! That was exciting! And, according to these measurements, her expected date has moved up to August 29th. Woo! The sooner the better!




There's nothing quite like laying there watching your kid move around inside your body. I can't even explain it. It's simply a miracle. Sometimes I wonder how people experience conceiving, growing, and giving birth to another life without believing in a Creating Hand behind it all. There is no doubt in my mind that Morgan has a perfect, almighty Creator who is knitting her together in the most perfect form He sees fit for her. He knows her name. He knows her body. He knows her soul. He loves her. And He is creating her with a very specific purpose. She is part of His plan for mine and Marty's life, and we are part of His plan for hers.  

As much as I love this little girl growing in me, I know that He loves her so much more. And that gives this momma so much comfort. I know that no matter what happens in her life inside the womb or out, He is with her, He loves her, and He has a plan for her. And to think I get to be a small part of this huge miracle... BLOWS MY MIND!!! Beautiful. I pray that Morgan will grow up to know and love her Creator. 


After the ultrasound we went back in the waiting room and stared at her pictures for about 45 minutes, waiting for me to get called back. Then I had to go do all the normal stuff... blood pressure, weight, and the normal, pee in a cup.

Here's a funny... I knew I was going to have to pee in the cup so I held it the entire time, until it was time to give them my sample. But I had to go as soon as we got there, so by the time I got called back I was about to BUST! I got so excited about finally getting to pee that I almost forgot to pee in the cup! Luckily, I had a little left by the time I remembered. ;) Sorry if that's TMI. Ha.

Doctor Holland then talked to us about a few things and discussed some test results, told us what was ahead, and scheduled appointments to take our next steps! All around, good visit. 

Her organs were all there and seemed to be functioning just right. Her heart sounded very strong. She's growing plenty big, which was our biggest concern at first. She's 100% girl. And she's VERY active. 

We are both blessed to have such supportive, fun, encouraging moms in our lives. They are both about to BUST waiting for this little granddaughter to be born! 

Here I am with my mom... AKA DeeDee. 


And Marty with his mom, Grangie. 




Please continue to pray with us as we seek God's comfort, guidance, peace, and direction in bringing this precious life into the world. There are still some things we don't know and still plenty of reasons to be a little nervous. We are just so thankful for the opportunity to have come this far and experience what we have so far. This is most definitely a time to embrace.




For you created my inmost being; 
   you knit me together in my mother’s womb. 
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made
   your works are wonderful, 
   I know that full well. 
 My frame was not hidden from you 
   when I was made in the secret place, 
   when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. 
Your eyes saw my unformed body; 
all the days ordained for me were written in your book 
   before one of them came to be. 
How precious to me are your thoughts, God
Psalm 139:13-17





Photobucket

3 comments:

Heather said...

So exciting! You look great Jordan! When I was pregnant with Connor my placenta was on "top" or whatever like that too and I didn't feel him kick until 21 1/2 weeks! I was freaking out!!!! Everyone kept asking if I felt him and I just wanted to lie and say "yes!" so I could be normal!!! ha! So glad baby Morgan is happy and healthy! A blessing indeed! :)

Emily said...

I really enjoy reading your blog, Jordan. It's very encouraging! God is so good. I'm so glad your little girl is doing great. I'm sure that you and Marty will be wonderful parents!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jordan you look great! I'm from Australia and I'm 19 weeks I wish I looked as good as you do!
Your words are very peaceful and inspiring to me,I enjoy reading your page keep writing peach be with you x
Violet