Friday, April 1, 2011

She's a boy! Or at least that's what I said...


I love me some April Fools. Sometimes I really think pranking is a spiritual gift of mine. Ever since I was little I have loved (LOVED!) pulling pranks on people. There's something about it that just makes me feel alive. Is that sick?

My poor mom has been the main recipient of my jokes. I can't tell you how many times throughout my life I posed a fake snake, spider, lizard, or some other shouldn't-be-in-our-house creature only to watch her jump, scream, hit, and completely freak out. If I call her mid-day, for any reason, all I have to say is, "Mooom..." in a very hesitant voice and she freaks. One day when I really am on the side of the road in a wreck she won't believe me.

Lucky for me, I married a VERY gullible man who can neither detect a lie NOR deliver one. It's perfect for our relationship because I can get him every single day (and I do!) but he can never get me back. :)

Last year on April Fools we were engaged. I texted him and told him I'd lost my engagement ring. I acted very upset and told him I had looked everywhere but just could not find it. I spent the whole day letting him think it was gone. He tried to act not-so-upset but I could tell he was flipping out.

I didn't see him til later that evening when we were about to go to a big ballroom dance. The whole time I was getting ready I could tell he was so mad but didn't want to let it show. He was trying to still look forward to the night, but there was nothing in him that was going to enjoy anything! Right before we left my house I told him I had a card for him. He thought it was just a "I'm sorry I lost the ring, hope this makes you feel better" card. Here's what it said:

Brilliant, huh? It was great!! For some reason, he didn't think it was QUITE as funny as I did. But now he does. So I think a lifetime of a really good laugh was worth a day of his agony. :) Somehow he forgave me and we went on to have a great night. 

This year I decided not to target Marty. Mostly because I literally get him every single day. But I had to do SOMETHING. It's just who I am. I've had a bad stomach bug all week so I told a bunch of people I was going to the doc today to make sure everything was ok with the baby. About an hour later I texted them and said the baby was fine but to  our surprise, it's a boy!! The reactions I got were hilarious.

My mom fell for it the most. Poor woman.  You'd think she'd know not to fall for it, but she sure fell. Hard. So did these people: 









I wish you all could have heard my mom on the phone though. That was hilarious. I went to her school and gave her a card. I told her she needed an updated card since the last one was from a girl. 




Happy April Fools, everyone!!! And remember, if someone pranks you, don't be a baby! It just means they love you. :)






Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to tell people that I never really believed you...now does that make me smarter than them or just older and wiser.

Kati @ "along for the ryde..." said...

I am cracking up laughing & crying reading this! You are TOO much! LOVE it though!

Anonymous said...

Ummm.... WAIT just one minute Jordan - you forgot to include the numerous times I said I didn't believe you!! I knew you were going to pull something - I thought it was going to be that you were having twins!!! :)