Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A Trip To The Zoo


Ever since the first day of sunshine & somewhat warm weather this year, Marty has been begging me to go to the zoo. Saturday we finally had the chance!

We invited our friends, the Brewers, to go with us. Okay, so they're not married YET (June 18th! Can't wait!) but it's so much fun to say. Thankfully they were able to go, which is a huge blessing because we are all so busy and hardly get an entire day to just hang out.

They picked us up at hour house around noon and we headed off to Little Rock! When we first got to the zoo the line was literally a half mile long to get in. At first we were kind of freaking out, but then we found out they were having a free day at the zoo. That line was to get in for free. We decided to just pay. This momma was NOT standing in that long line forever.

We had so much fun looking at all the animals! I don't remember the last time I went to the zoo.

The monkeys were by far the favorite to watch. I think the guys would have stayed there all day if we would have let them. These guys were so cute though. Nasty, but cute.


Little Rock recently got a new penguin exhibit and that was really cool! Although, I did NOT think penguins looked like this. I guess I was expecting big huge things walking around on ice. I forgot we're in the South. They were still super cool to watch! They would come right up to the glass.


And my personal favorite are always the giraffes. I just think they're amazing. I could sit and watch them all day long. And they're absolutely beautiful. I can't wait to show Morgan giraffes! 


We stopped to let me go to the bathroom (for the third time already... you mommas understand!) and when we did Lynzie got super excited and started telling us all about this hog statue. Apparently there are only like 4 in the world and they saw one of them on their trip to Europe last week. Her dad told her another one was at the LR zoo so she was giving us all the info on it. And then we had to stop and get some pictures with this super famous piece of work. 

We stayed there until about 4:00 and then we were starving, so being in Little Rock, we had to hit up the Olive Garden. And oh man, it was SO GOOD. That was such a great time to just talk and catch up with each other. We were done just before 6 and decided to head over to Fellowship Bible church and check out their new Saturday night service. That is an incredible church and the service was so stinkin encouraging. The pastor talked about friendship, of all things.


At the end of the day, my heart was so full and I just had to thank God for such a beautiful day filled with beautiful people. I am so thankful to have these friends in our lives. I know that wherever life takes us, we will always be right beside each other!

"We'll be friends until forever, just you wait and see."
-Winnie The Pooh 


Photobucket

No comments: